You guys know I love Vega – so when they asked if I would share their new Sport Edition of the (free) Thrive Forward program, I quickly agreed!
Vega has been my main source of sports nutrition since early last year – through all my training, my first 50K, a huge marathon PR, and numerous other races. Their products are still a huge part of my plan now that I’m shifting my focus to strength training too (more on that to come). Based on the amazing experiences I’ve had with their products, I’m always interested when they launch something new.
So, what is Thrive Forward? It is a FREE, personalized online program to help transform your health and sport performance through plant-based nutrition.
When the original program was launched, my life was a little crazy and I didn’t take advantage. This time around, they’ve also added some great new contributors, including: Tony Horton (P90X) and Hillary Biscay (Pro Ironman Triathlon)!
I signed up earlier this week and the content is pretty interesting so far. You answer a few questions when you register for Thrive Forward, which creates a custom program for you. The first lesson that was selected for me was “Clean Eating 101”, which is particularly applicable for me as I’m focusing on this as part of the Live Fit Trainer!
The topics available through the program include: energy, stress, sleep, body composition, strength and endurance training, or even how to eat more sustainably. Every video lesson is enhanced with useful tools to reinforce what you’ve learned, including eBooks.
I’m still working through the program myself, but you’ll get:
12 chapters, 40+ video lessons, and a personalized learn-at-your-own-pace lesson plan to help you navigate a wealth of ideas (without getting lost)
Emailed tips: helpful take-away tips reinforce what you’re learning, and encourage you to make changes that work with your life
Action items: apply what you learn in each lesson, and share tips and tricks with others in this adventure with you
Supplemental materials: including recipes, meal plans, shopping lists, charts, printable reference guides, in-depth articles, and more
How about a preview of the recipes you can expect as part of Thrive Forward? This breakfast creation caught my attention immediately and I can’t wait to make it myself!
High Protein Breakfast Quinoa Mixed Berries
- 3 cups fresh berries your choice, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup 100% unfiltered apple juice, unsweetened
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk coconut, almond, hemp
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup almonds, chopped
- Roughly chop the berries. If using raspberries or blackberries, slice in 1/2 . If using blueberries, you may leave whole. Slice berries over a bowl
so all juice is saved. Add berries and set aside.
- Bring rinsed quinoa, apple juice, water and non-dairy milk just to a gentle boil. Stir often to prevent the milk from curdling.
- Reduce heat to low, add cinnamon, cover and let cook for 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove quinoa from heat and let sit for one minute. Using the fingers of a fork, lightly break up the quinoa without clumping. If you stir it with a spoon, it will turn to mush.
- Add the quinoa to the bowl with fruit. Gently stir to combine.
- Top with chopped almonds.
Sounds yummy, don’t you think? I would probably cheat and throw a lot of the ingredients together in my rice cooker and let it all cook while I get ready for work. That usually works for me!
I plan to share a little more from the Thrive Forward program over the next few weeks, but I encourage you to check out the program for yourself if you’re interested!
Questions for you:
Have you heard of the Thrive Forward program? If so, did you sign up?
Do you enjoy grains like Quinoa or Couscous for breakfast?