With only 3 weeks until my competition, you may have been expecting to hear about a new change to my nutrition plan today. Guess what? No changes! Except for the lack of cheat meals & wine, the plan remains the same for now.
I’m checking in with progress photos twice a week, though, so this could change at any time. I have to say, I feel very spoiled. And I’m NOT complaining at all. I love my trainer!
One of the snacks I’ve been totally hooked on recently started with Laura’s Peanut Butter Apple Cinnamon Roll. If you haven’t made that one yet, I highly recommend it! I ate that for a snack for at least 5 days before I decided to create a pumpkin version of my own.
My version is a little less cinnamon roll, and a little more carby treat. It still tastes decadent, thanks to the healthy frosting topping. I’ve created this version last week and added it back to my meal plan this week too. Recipe located at the end of this post.
As for the rest of my meals? I’m going with the quick version of today’s recap.
- Egg Whites topped with 2 tablespoons of my Fall Spice Nut Butter
- Protein shake made with Vega Protein Powder, Strawberries, Arugula, and Almond Milk
- Pumpkin Pie Roll (recipe below)
- Random salad made with arugula, vegetarian breakfast patties, spicy/smoky mayo, & pickles
- Sweet Egg Whites
- Cocoa Nut Protein Pudding (not pictured)
- Crawfish Egg Salad (sooooo good, another amazing dinner from Kirk!)
- 1/3 C egg whites
- 1 tablespoon MCT Oil (optional: cooking spray if not used)
- 1/8 tsp maple Extract
- 1/8 tsp brandy extract (or another 1/8 tsp of maple extract)
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 25 g Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon Raisin Bread  (serving)
- 10 g Pure Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 15 g Protein Plus Peanut Flour
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp maple Extract
- 2 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small glass bowl (I use prep bowls), pour in MCT oil and swirl to coat the sides (if not using MCT oil, spray with cooking spray). Tear bread into pieces (about 1 inch by 2 inches each) and add to bowl. In a separate small bowl, mix together egg whites through pumpkin pie spice. Pour over bread.
- Place on a baking sheet and into preheated oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until top is browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool until only slightly warmed.
- While roll is cooling, mix together remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Slowly add a small amount of water and stir until the mix forms a thick frosting consistency. Spread over warm (not hot) roll and enjoy!
- *Note: you can make rolls & frosting ahead of time. When ready to eat, warm roll and then spread frosting over top.
[Tweet “A healthy pumpkin #recipe you have to try: Pumpkin Pie Roll from @FITaspire. #FitFluential”]
Questions for you:
Are you crazy over Fall flavors right now (like me!)?
What was the best thing you ate yesterday?