Have you been thinking about signing up for your first triathlon? Then you’re going to LOVE today’s topic!
Many people look at triathlon after getting comfortable (and maybe a little bored?) with their current sport. Runners looking to mix things up, swimmers who want a new challenge, or cyclists who are looking for a more individual sport. Or some variation of these scenarios. Today’s video is for you!
In this 5 minute overview, I’m sharing some tips on getting started with triathlon training! Watch the video and then check out the links I mentioned in the highlights:
Highlights from the video:
- The most common scenario is starting from one of the three sports involved, so you just need to add in the other two!
- Aim for 2 workouts per sport each week (swim, bike run)
- For bike & run, focus on adding mileage slowly (as we talked about in last week’s run training video)
- Swimming works best if you can get lessons from a friend or professional – it’s not natural for most people. And you don’t want to unlearn bad habits.
- Find a free training program online for your first race. Try BeginnerTriathlete.com or TriNewbies.com for some great free programs. You can get more serious after a few races and work with certified coach to really improve quickly.
By the way – if you’re enjoying these videos, would you take a minute and subscribe to my YouTube channel?
Looking for more videos?
Check out my series on bikini competitions – great for those considering competitions or just curious about the sport!
Questions for you:
Triathletes – what inspired you to sign up for your first race?
For those who haven’t yet given triathlons a try — why NOT?! 🙂