I’m back this week with the second video in my new video series answering your questions about bikini competitions. I’m so glad that you guys enjoyed the first one last week — I’m actually enjoying filming them more than I expected!
This week I’m answering Morgan’s questions on the time commitment required for prep – how long do you need to prep & how much time the training takes each week. Check out the video to hear my answers on this topic:
Highlights from the video:
- The length of time you prep should be based on YOU and how far you are from your goal. 12 weeks has been my typical length, but you might need more (or less) time based on your body.
- Don’t rush the process! I want you to have a very healthy, positive experience with competitions, not a crash diet.
- I’m currently in the gym much less than has been typical for me – 4 x 1 hour lifting workouts and 3 x 20-25 minutes of cardio.
- Based on the past two shows, I top out around 8-10 hours of training. This will also depend on your goals and your body.
[Tweet “Video series on #bikini comp prep — “What’s the time commitment?” #FitFluential #bodybuilding”]
Have a question you want answered? Send me an email or leave it in the comments!
Before I forget – it’s time to announce the winner of the Momentum Jewelry giveaway! Head over to this post to see if you’re the winner (the name is on the giveaway widget) and send me an email to claim your prize. If you didn’t win, remember that you can save 20% off the WISH wraps until April 20th (down to $30) using my link. You also get 10% off everything else in the store.
Questions for you:
- How much time do YOU spend in the gym right now?
- Do you enjoy strength or cardio more? I think they are about equal for me, right now!