Today has been a good food day, I’m not going to lie! It all started when I realized I didn’t have time to make lunch last night – uh, oh. We actually have a café at work, but the no-meat no-dairy selections are pretty thin. Surely, I can figure something out, I just went grocery shopping!
I started going through the pantry, pulling out ingredients that sounded good. The Wheat Germ & Cinnamon are something I had on a sandwich a while ago and it’s such a great nutty/spicy/sweet flavor, just what I needed!
- Sprouted Grain Bread
- 1-2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1-2 figs
- 1 banana
- Toast the bread (I actually defrost + toast at the same time)
- Spread almond butter on toast
- Sprinkle Wheat Germ & Cinnamon over toast – adjust amount to your preference
- Add agave nectar
- Cut bananas into THICK slices and spread out
- Slice figs & top bananas. I used one on the sandwich and one for a “side” with the sandwich
This was a delicious surprise at lunch today – such a yummy, pull-things-out-of-the-pantry kind of meal! I’ll be making this one for lunch again…on purpose this time.
Dinner was at the request of Kirk – this was the Tofu Nuggets & Lulu’s Mac N Cheese from Peas and Thank You Cookbook, a new staple in the Blackmon House.
This week I used PepperJack Daiya Cheeze and added 2 fresh Jalapenos at the end – a nice spicy kick!
Dipping the Tofu Nuggets in BBQ Sauce was the perfect complement!