This recipe is going to blow your mind! I can say that, because it’s not something I created…it’s another amazing fish recipe that Kirk created! I knew before I even took a bite that this was going to be my new favorite dinner. It reminded me of a dish we get at my favorite sushi place in Denver (Sushi Den!) just looking at it.
Don’t rush the preparation of this one, you really want the full 2 hours (or more!) for marinating. This allows the flavors to really soak into the fish. You’ll appreciate this when you take the first bite. I promise.
The first time he made this, it was a dinner with just the two of us at home. I made all kind of noises while savoring every bite. You might have gotten the wrong idea had you been listening in the next room.
The second time I requested this for a dinner we hosted at our house with our other food snob friends. Kirk was nervous because I set high expectations with the fish, but everyone agreed it was incredible.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red miso
- 8 ounces Chilean Sea Bas
- Place first 5 ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Pour over Sea Bass and marinate for 2 hours.
- Put 1 cup of hickory chips in a grill pan and place inside grill. Preheat grill to 500 degrees with the lid down (or until chips start to smoke). Turn the grill down to 350 to 400 degrees.
- Place fish (skin side down) on the grill and cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 3.5 minutes. Plate immediately over a bed of greens and serve!
- **Optional: we pour the extra marinade over the top of the fish
Is your mouth watering yet? If you are a fan of fish, you probably already know how amazing sea bass can be. If you haven’t tried it yet, this is a great way to try it for the first time! Either way, I’m pretty sure you are going to LOVE this! I am so incredibly lucky to have a husband who creates AMAZING meals for me. 🙂
Questions for you:
What is your favorite type of fish? This is mine, if you haven’t noticed.
Do you enjoy having people over for dinner – or would you rather go out?
Does it feel like Fall where you live?