When it comes to dinner in our house, Kirk has been wearing the chef’s hat for quite some time. I’m a lucky lady and a happy eater. And thanks to my friends at Sizzlefish (affiliate), we have a freshly stocked freezer full of my favorites for Kirk to create with!
The best part of a freezer full of fish and seafood is that I get to eat PLENTY of delicious meals.
And you get to share in the best of the best with my favorite of Kirk’s creations. Today’s recipe is made with Sizzlefish’s Coho Salmon. No lie – this is the best coho salmon. We’ve had a few weeks between shipments and we cooked other salmon from another great store that I love. But the moment I had a bite of this salmon I remembered why I love my Sizzlefish – the taste is just amazing! And it’s just enough that you are full, but not stuffed at the end of the meal. Yep, my favorite. 🙂
This salmon recipe has some amazing summer flavors – cherry and fig. We used dried cherries, because they were in the pantry, but feel free to grab fresh fruit if you’re at the store.
- 1 tablespoon fig balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oiil
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/8 cup water
- 2 portions coho salmon (I use Sizzlefish)
- Combine vinegar through water and cover salmon in a small dish. Marinate for at least 2 hours. Soak cedar planks in water for 1 hour (or at least 15 minutes).
- Preheat grill to 400*. Place marinated salmon on cedar planks, then place planks on grill rack. Grill for 15 minutes, then turn off grill and let the plank continue to smoke for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with greens and a smile!
I think is my new favorite salmon recipe, so I urge you to make this one soon. You’re going to love every bite!
[Tweet “I can’t wait to try this summer #recipe – Cherry-Fig Glazed Salmon”]