It’s probably a little crazy to be taking on ANOTHER challenge right now, but Katy Widrick is hosting another blog challenge and I just couldn’t resist. I joined the fun back in February and completed about half of what I planned. This is one of those cases where every little bit counts and I was happy to participate!
How does the challenge work?
- Join (for free!) at http://www.challengeloop.com/challenge/octoblog.
- Share updates on ChallengeLoop.com and the #octoblog hashtag.
- Do as many updates or as few as you’d like.
- It’s not about winning a prize, it’s just an extra push to make improvements on your blog this month!
My Challenge List
You may have noticed I just refreshed the blog recently, but I’m not completely happy with the final result. I know what I want to change, now I just need to make the time to do it! In case you’d like to join in the fun, I thought I’d share my list to give you some ideas. You can get more ideas from my February challenge list.
Taking a cue from Katy, I’ve grouped my list into sections:
- Purchase & apply new blog theme
- Create post signature
- Clean up plugins
- Clean up popular posts (links, images)
- Update media kit
- Update “About” page
- Create new “About” bio for sidebar
- Update Work With Me page
- Brainstorm 6 helpful post (3 food, 3 fitness)
- Populate Editorial Calendar for half of November posts
- Develop marketing plan for BWV Multisport
- Update Coaching Services pages
- Refresh Sign-up Now page for Coaching
- Set up filters for blog vs coaching emails
- Decide on email newsletter? (coaching tips, food tips)
- Clean out blog reading list
- Review/Refresh Twitter Follows/Friends
- Update Twitter lists
- Determine best posting schedule
- Clean up old pins
- Organize boards
I’m excited to get started on these updates and see where things stand at the end of the month.
- If there’s anything you’ve ever wanted me to change on the blog or a topic you want me to cover – this would be a great time to let me know! 🙂
Questions for you:
Are you joining the #Octoblog Challenge?
Anything you would add to my list?