Time flies when you’re having fun and the last 13 year of marriage to this guy have really flown by! Today marks 13 years of marriage. Not always blissful (we are both real people), but overwhelmingly amazing!
On past anniversaries I’ve shared the story of how we met and a look at how we’ve changed in the years we’ve been together. This year, I thought it would be fun to share 13 reasons why I love being married. This is my list of some of the lesser known reasons that I have learned to appreciate during our marriage – things you might not expect. Or you might, depending how well you know me.
13 Reasons Marriage Rocks
- Someone smart enough to get your intelligent jokes AND Simpsons references.
- You can burp and fart without fear of rejection.
- You always have eye candy around the house. My hubby is HOT!
- A diving buddy that you actually trust.
- A partner to watch (and critique) the dancers on So You Think You Can Dance.
- Earn airline miles twice as fast (since there are two of you).
- Someone to use those airline miles with and travel the world.
- A partner to watch your purse when you go to the bathroom.
- You always have someone to encourage you to reach your crazy goals.
- There’s always someone to celebrate (or commiserate) with you.
- Someone to take pictures of you for instagram.
- Sex is FUN!!!
- Your spouse adds another reason to stay active and healthy (and can encourage each other)!
[Tweet “Marriage ROCKS: “because we all fart. And it’s finally okay.”]
Question for you:
- If you’re married, add one reason marriage rocks!
- If you’re not, what’s one reason you hope would be on your list?