Meatless Mondays from A-Z is back!! And the days of last minute planning seem to be back with them, although I’m going to be fighting hard to get ahead of the game. Somehow my to-do list seems so long right now, despite my best efforts to balance things out. I am working on it, but don’t have it solved right now.
Despite my schedule crazies, I am happy to share the first #MMAZ recipe of 2014 with you! I am back on a structured nutrition plan, so I’m always looking for healthy snacks ideas. This is absolutely one of those examples where the result is nothing like what I planned. Keeping the carbs a little lower right now, meant a very small amount of sweet potato in this pudding. Instead of the sweet potato streusel I originally planned, I ended up with a very different (but very delicious) streusel pudding!
I haven’t had a streusel topping in ages and that is the star of this recipe for me. Mix it all together to make sure the crunch continues through the entire treat. You can enjoy this treat warm or cold, depending on the temperature where you live. Or the mood you’re in!
- 50 grams sweet potato
- 1/2 tablespoon MCT Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 drops nunaturals liquid vanilla stevia
- 1 scoop Vega Vanilla Performance Protein
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 tablespoon MCT Oil
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon Peanut Flour, Defatted
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Peel sweet potato and poke holes around the outside. Microwave for 7-8 minutes on high, or until fork-tender.
- In a food processor, mix together sweet potato through water. Add almond milk slowly, until the desired consistency reached (I used the full amount).
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients to make the streusel.
- Transfer pudding to a small bowl and sprinkle streusel over the top. If desired, broil for 3-5 minutes to crisp the top. Enjoy!
And now it’s the time I look forward to most – seeing what others have created for this week’s challenge. In case you are new to MMAZ, the goal is to create a meatless recipe that features the week’s key ingredient (in this case – oats). If you join the fun, make sure your visit at least a few other participants to help build our little community and share the wealth:
Questions for you:
What’s your favorite healthy snack right now?
Is eating healthier on your list of plans for January?
New Years Resolution Discount for BWV Multisport!
Use code NYR2014 at sign-up to save 25% through January 15, 2014.