We are celebrating another Meatless Mondays from A-Z milestone today! 52 weeks of MMAZ means we’ve tackled an entire year’s worth of weekly meatless recipe challenges. I’m excited we’ve made it this far and hope you’ll join me for many more letters in the future!
To celebrate, today I’m sharing another version of the deliciously simply egg muffins that I started making a few months ago. Although today’s variety was inspired by Kait’s Savory Egg Cups that she shared as part of last week’s MMAZ challenge. Did you catch her guest post on the balancing fitness & life series on Friday?
I love the addition of mustard in the egg cups, it’s the perfect touch of spice for this breakfast dish. And since I already had some pre-roasted squash in the kitchen, I decided to make this version filled to the brim with the Kuri variety. I think this would also taste delicious with kabocha, butternut, or acorn squash. Use what’s local & in season near you.
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 3/4 cup Red Kuri Squash, roasted & diced
- 1 serving Silk Pure Almond Milk (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup onion
- 1 tablespoon Ground Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine egg white through nutritional yeast in a small bowl and whisk together with a fork. Stir in squash & onion. Ladle into 5 prepared muffin cups and bake for 30-35 minutes. Enjoy!
I’m can’t wait to enjoy some of these as a snack tomorrow. The almond milk really adds volume to the mix and I can eat 5 (the size you see pictured) for one of my mini-meals! These really are great for volume eaters.
Questions for you:
- Have you tried any new squash varieties recently? This was my first Kuri squash!
- What did you do this weekend? I flew to the East Coast for a wedding & back.