Last night was the 40th Birthday celebration for one of our awesome friends – a great time was had by all and I stayed up way past my bedtime.
Knowing I like to munch, I brought a snack to share. What to bring? I’ve seen a lot of Buffalo Dip at parties over the past few years, so I thought that might be a good dip to make vegan-friendly and share with a crowd. The verdict? No one knew it was meat & dairy-free until I told them – mission accomplished!
I served the dip layered (that’s how I’ve had it at parties), but I would also like to try this combined. Other variations: shred or chop the chicken strips, instead of keeping them whole.
- 12 ounces chick’n strips (I used Smart Strips® Chick’n)
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance margarine
- Tabasco Sauce
- 1 jalapeño , diced
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 8 ounces non-dairy cream cheese
- ⅔ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoons almond milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion, finely diced
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- Pepperjack non-dairy cheese
- Buffalo Sauce: Melt margarine and mix in Tabasco sauce to desired level of spiciness (I used about ¼ cup). Add jalapeño and chili powder, stir well.
- Combine chick’n strips and Buffalo Sauce in a bowl – stir well. Transfer chick’n strips to slow cooker and let marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Ranch Dressing: Combine mayo & almond mix – stir well. Add garlic powder,k ion, black pepper, and parsley.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat bottom of dish with non-dairy cream cheese, top with marinated chick’n, cover with ranch dressing, then cover with layer of Pepperjack non-diary cheese.
- Cook dip for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese begins to melt.
- Powered by
Serve with sturdy tortillas or pita chips.
Question of the Day – What’s your favorite party recipe?