Peanut Butter & Jelly-Filled Donuts
Author: Heather Blackmon
- 1 cup Quinoa Flour
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 tablespoons non-dairy butter (Earth Balance)
- 6 ounces jelly
- 1 cup peanut butter (or hazelnut butter)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl (flour through baking soda).
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a small bowl (almond milk through extract)
- Combine wet & dry ingredients together in one bowl and mix until just combined.
- Heat jelly/jam in small microwave-safe bowl for 20 seconds on high heat.
- Spray donut pan with cooking spray. Transfer batter to donut pan using small spoon or tablespoon, just enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Pour thin layer of warmed jelly/jam on top of donut batter. Top jelly with remainder of donut batter, smoothing batter over jelly to ensure all edges covered.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 14-18 minutes, or until donut springs back when lightly touched and lightly browed.
- Allow donuts to cook completely, then use butter knife to loosen the donut edges from the pan and transfer to wire rack or plate.
- Spread peanut butter (or hazelnut butter) over tops of donuts and serve!
Questions for you:
Do you enjoy cooking on vacation or is it your time off from kitchen duty?
What is the strangest thing you have brought on vacation recently?