I know most people cook for the week on Sundays, but lately I’ve been cooking like crazy on Mondays. But, I’m getting a little ahead of myself.
I started the day off with a green smoothie – my favorite blend recently:
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/2 banana
- 6-8 ice cubes
It always looks a little too healthy, but tastes wonderful!
Lunch was leftovers from this weekend. Tater Tot Casserole (Peas & Thank You) made with Sweet Potato Waffle Fries instead of Tater Tots. We had this for dinner on Friday, lunch on Sunday, and lunch today – I am a big fan of leftovers.
Let the Cooking Spree begin!
Tonight after work was where the crazy cooking began. Most of the dishes were Mexican, so Kirk made us homemade Margaritas to set the mood:
I had several dishes going at a time, but here’s what we ended up with:
- Nacho Mmmm Sauce from Peas & Thank You
- Creamy Basil Hummus from Daily Garnish
- Freezer Burritos w/Black Beans, Pinto Beans, & Chickpeas from Shutterbean
- Pressed & marinated tofu in preparation for Wednesday’s lunch (to make tomorrow)