This weekend was busy, but a lot of fun! It included baking cookies, decorating the Christmas tree, snowboarding, and a Christmas potluck with a group of Colorado bloggers!
I decided to multi-task and make a dish that would work for the party AND work for this week’s Meatless Mondays from A-Z theme. This helped me have a little more quality time with Kirk, since I am working on balance at home.
The ingredient list isn’t your typical winter fruits, but they were all on sale at our grocery store and just sounded good! It does have a nice red & green color to help it fit in with other seasonal dishes, though.
And did I mention how easy this dish is? If you have a rice cooker, you can cook the quinoa while you head over to your local brewery and try their latest beer. That’s what we did, at least. Or just enjoy a little rest time in your own home – whichever you’d like.
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 blackberries
- 2 raspberries
- 4 blueberries
- ⅜ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- ½ cup berries (any mixture of the above)
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup spinach
- 1 cup avocado, diced
- To make dressing:
- Combine blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and red wine vinegar. Shake vigorously (fruits should break down). Add oils and shake again.
- To make quinoa:
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, using vegetable broth as the liquid. (Note: I use a rice cooker for this step). Once cooked, combine quinoa and remaining ingredients when hot, which will wilt the spinach just slightly. Mix in 5 tablespoons of dressing, adjusting amount to taste.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Powered by
Questions for you:
- Do you have any potluck parties on your calendar this year?
- Any snow where you live?
- What was the best part of your weekend?