The beginning of a new month is a fun type to set goals, right?! This month I’m setting goals a little differently than normal, because I’m joining Katy’s 28-Day Blog Challenge.
I’ve been making a few changes over the past month that you may or may not have noticed, but when Katy announced this blog challenge I jumped on the chance to focus my efforts and be inspired by others. I want to make this a place you like to visit and that’s easy to find what you’re looking for. That’s my goal as I make any changes here!
If you’re not a blogger, feel free to tune out now and come back tomorrow for my Week in Training recap. Or jump down to the comments and let me know what you’d like to see change!
Instead of starting with a full 28 goals on my list (one for each day), I’m going to start with the first 2 weeks and leave plenty of space to be inspired by your feedback and other participants in the #28DBC. I’m also not going to be strict about doing 1 per day (although that would be good).
I’m starting with the goal categories that Katy recommended to make sure I think broadly:
- Update About and Coaching Bios
- Create video intro for About
- Find your five most popular posts and edit for grammar, broken links, add new information/photos
- Update Coaching pages
- Create blog signature and add to end of all posts
- Create new Vlog
- Review and refresh follows/friends on all platforms
- Create/edit lists
- Edit Google Reader folders for better organization & related blogroll
- Update media kit
- Create media kit cover letter
- Update Contact form
- Write a post that includes links to at least five other posts that you found interesting
- Select a favorite blog and email the owner — tell him/her why you like it, what you admire most and offer some unsolicited POSITIVE comments
I’m really excited about this month and to see what (if any) impact these changes will have! If you’re a blogger, come join the fun and let’s improve our blogs together!
Questions for you:
What would you add to my goal list for the month?
Are you participating in any challenges in February?